The young ones
Posted on Aug 21, 2018
Why should I embrace the ups and downs of stock markets?
- Oct 21, 2019
Top three tips for… deposit savings
- Oct 15, 2019
Is care leaving you confused?
- Oct 10, 2019
According to a recent report on the BBC website, young workers are pessimistic about their retirement prospects.
UK employees are among the most gloomy in the world about their retirement finances, according to State Street, an asset management company. A survey it commissioned showed that fewer than one in 10 young workers felt financially prepared for retirement, while a similar proportion thought they
The survey of nearly 10,000 people globally suggested that employees in the UK expected their retirement income to be half of their earnings in work. However, only six
This was a far more pessimistic result than their counterparts in the US, where 23
State Street suggested that the pensions industry needed to do more to help people understand whether they were on track to meet their income expectations in retirement and we’re
We’d be happy to meet with people of any age to talk about pensions and finance in retirement. It really is the case of
At The Goodman Partnership this is our process of getting to know you and your financial situation:
1. INITIAL DISCUSSION We’ll start with an initial discussion, when we introduce ourselves to each other. We will explain how we work, our areas of expertise and our fees. We will then ask for some background information about your current financial situation and the advice you require.
2. REVIEW OF EXISTING ARRANGEMENTS We will provide a detailed assessment of your existing pension plans, occupational scheme entitlements and other investments. We will
3. ASSESSMENT & STRATEGY DESIGN This is possibly the most important step and includes:
- A meeting to define your objectives, requirements and priorities.
- An assessment of your investment risk profile using specialist software.
- Further comment on your current plans, pension entitlements and investments.
- The creation of a report.
- A follow-up discussion to review our analysis and explain our recommendations.
This stage includes:
- Refining our Strategy Design recommendations.
- Research to identify the most appropriate products and providers.
- A report confirming our final recommendations.
5. REVIEW SERVICE
Regular reviews, follow-up advice and practical help are an integral part of our approach.
Whatever age you are, if you’d like to